However, when I logged off, the blog looked just like the old theme, no matter what I did, until I finally bollixed it all up to the point that all that was showing was a blank screen.
Nothing worked to recover it and, unfortunately, I ended up writing over the existing database with a nice new, clean and shiny, blank one.
This could be wonderful fun trying to recover the old blog posts. (#sarcasm)
However, I’m not sure that I really want to do that.
My inclination, right now, is to get the format set up and, along the way, find and re-publish some, but not all, of the older material.
Update January 8, 2014 — recovered 1234 posts, but without images.
Update 2 – also dealing with a water leak in the supply line in the front yard.
Update 3 – Water line leak is a cracked PVC coupling. 4 feet down slope and 18 inches deep from where the water was coming out of the ground. I used a fiberglass pipe patch kit to repair it in place. I’m going to leave to hole open with an incandescent light over it tonight — too tired to move more soil.