As viewed from the Pulaski County Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge – more commonly known as Big Dam Bridge – April 28, 2007.
Three from the Road – no. 12
The Big Dam Bridge, near Little Rock, is an excellent spot for viewing if there is watercraft locking through Murray Lock.
Opened in 2006, the pedestrian and bicycle bridge built over Murray Lock and Dam between Murray Park in Little Rock and Cook’s Landing Park in North Little Rock is a major addition to the Arkansas River Trail, connecting several miles of hiking and biking trails on both sides of the river.
Big Dam Bridge
- Official web site – Pulaski County
- Big Dam Bridge Foundation
- Arkansas Travelogue
- Illumivision Bridge Case Study – background on the bridge’s unique nighttime lighting (pdf.)
Little Rock / North Little Rock
- Historic Arkansas Museum
- Little Rock, Arkansas – Wikipedia
- Little Rock – Wikitravel
- Little Rock – Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bereau
- River Market
- North Little Rock, Arkansas – Wikipedia
- North Little Rock – North Little Rock Visitors Bureau