A couple of days ago, I posted BIG BUMP in the road for my online plans…. perhaps and there were a number of comments wondering what the heck was up.
Opal already knew as I had mentioned it was a possibility a while back, so I asked her not to give up the secret. (Thanks Opal for the comment… it was perfect!)
Oh and the picture on the post — the same one I’ve posted here — did apply very specifically to this situation.
I’ll use Teeni’s questions and my answers for part of an explanation…
- Just what is this all about? Just wait an opportunity
- Will you tell us soon? Likely so right now
- How much longer do we have to wait? Not Long now
- Is it good? Depends on the perspective, but in many ways, yes for me, yes
- Are you getting a new job? Not really.. It’s doing some of the parts of my old job that I really enjoyed, with people I know well, and with very good compensation, so it’s not really a new job — plus, it’s only a limited engagement.
- New camera? Don’t need one. N/A
- New computer? Don’t need one, but there might be something about it that brings one. I’ll have to have a computer and access into the company’s network to do the work. It won’t be my computer, but it’ll be assigned to me.
- New travel plans? There is some travel involved, but it’s not far. The travel route is virtually the same as I’ve done well over 1000 times over the years and most days it will be over, under or near the Exit78 overpass.
The main thing I am waiting on is approval for the funding and it’s at the VP level right now. They’ve already got me on the schedule — which I have a copy of — for a week from this coming Monday.