The privacy of visitors to our sites is important to us and we recognize that privacy of your personal information is even more important to you.
We never sell your personal information to third parties.
Below is information on the types of data received and collected when you visit our pages as well as how we safeguard your information.
As with most other websites, the web host we use collects visitor data in log files. The information in the log files include
* your IP (internet protocol) address,
* your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable),
* the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox),
* the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
This type of information may be used for analysis of how visitors use the site, such as:
* what sent them to the site,
* which pages they visit,
* how long they stay on the site and individual pages, and
* which page they exited from.
No personal information is collected.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We use third party advertisements on many of our pages. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
Google and the DoubleClick DART cookie::
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to our sites and other sites on the Internet.
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Blog comment information – email addresses
To submit a comment to a blog, three pieces of information are generally requested; name, e-mail address, and URL (your web-site or blog address). The name and URL will be published with the comment. The e-mail address is provided to allow us to reply to your comment, if we should so desire.
We consider email addresses to be private information that is not to be shared with anyone. We do not sell or share email addresses submitted to this site.
- Haw Creek Out ‘n About
- Quilt’s… etc.
- Mike’s Photo Blog
- Daily Chronicles of the American Civil War
- Anecdotes and Images of the American Civil War