Every other Monday retirees from the place I used to work gather at the Old South in Russellville for breakfast. This morning I went for the first time.
There were quite a few there, all men and I knew most of them, though some not well enough to remember their names.Â It was a very enjoyable morning catching up with some folks I hadn’t seen or talked to in a long time.
I pointed out to a couple of old friends that it was kind of neat being the youngest guy in the group for a change, though, with the number of people retiring, that won’t last long.
For those of you still working out there that check in on this blog, some of the people I saw were:
- Joe M____, my shift supervisor when I first started there.
- Skibo – I’ve seen him almost every day I’m at the fitness center the last couple of weeks.
- John A_____, former U1 Ops Inst
- Jim Mc_____
- Mark G______
- Bill H___, who retired after they tried to make him an SE on Unit 2
- George W_____, U2 instructor
- Mike C______, from licensing
- Dave H_____, electrical trainer before he retired (I knew Dave from A1W days)
- Bobby D__
- Ray W_____
- Dave Sn_____, HP years ago and then went to work for the state after retiring
I will certainly plan on attending more of these in the future, though I don’t plan on posting about it.
A lost Exit78 post, recovered from Internet Archive WayBackMachine; March 2011