I spent quite a bit of yesterday trying to find a WordPress theme that would work for me. I was looking for something easy to modify in a three column format. I also wanted it to have a fairly crisp appearance.
I’m not much for writing code, though I can sometimes sit down and work my way through it, so I was looking for something that was already out there and ready and ready to use
After looking and downloading and evaluating quite a few 3 column themes, I settled for one that I’ve been using for quite a while. After several hours of editing to get the colors right and the various components in the locations that I wanted them to be in, I just could not get the links titles to automatically show up. They work fine in my older blogs, but I couldn’t get them to work right in this new one. After a couple of hours of frustration, I finally copied over the theme from one of my older blogs. Of course, it worked fine. Then, when I was switching back and forth looking at other themes, I saw the two themes next to each other and realized immediately what the problem was – and remembered that I had run into it before!
I had downloaded an older version!
Great, all my editing would have to be done again!
Then I got to looking at another one that I had selected for looking at the theme files and realized that it met everything I was looking for and was easier to modify, to boot!
The theme is 3C SEO, and is touted as:
A basic, easily customizable and se optimized theme with 3 columns.
It’s pretty much ready to go for now, though I’m sure that there will be some changes over time. Who knows, maybe, with retirement, I’ll get around to learning how to build my own theme. (Only after the dozens hundreds of other things I really want to do.)
A lost Exit78 post, recovered from Internet Archive WayBackMachine; March 2011