faces out of time 008
From Library of Congress:
- Title: [Bedouin group, Holy Land]
- Date Created/Published: [between ca. 1890 and ca. 1900]
- Medium: 1 photomechanical print : photochrom, color.
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division
- Title from the Detroit Publishing Co., catalogue J foreign section. Detroit, Mich. : Detroit Photographic Company, 1905.
Wikipedia – Photochrom (also called the Aäc process) prints are colorized images produced from black-and-white photographic negatives via the direct photographic transfer of a negative onto lithographic printing plates. The process is properly considered a photographic variant of chromolithography, a broader term referring to color lithography in general.