21st Century Digital #8
White Bengal Tiger, Montgomery Alabama Zoo, 2010
Highsmith, Carol M, photographer. Montgomery Zoo, Montgomery, Alabama. 2010. Image retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2010637620/. (Accessed February 26, 2017.)
Call Number: LC-DIG-highsm- 05782 (ONLINE) [P&P]
- Established in 1920 as part of Oak Park. Later it was re-established and moved to its current located in north Montgomery. In 1989 it underwent a major expansion encompassing over 48 acres and 700 different species of animals.
- Title, date, subject note, and keywords provided by the photographer.
- Credit line: The George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith’s America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
- Gift; George F. Landegger; 2010; (DLC/PP-2010:090).
- Forms part of: George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama
Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith’s America Project in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive. Highsmith, a distinguished and richly published American photographer, has donated her work to the Library of Congress since 1992. Starting in 2002, Highsmith provided scans or photographs she shot digitally with new donations to allow rapid online access throughout the world. Her generosity in dedicating the rights to the American people for copyright free access also makes this Archive a very special visual resource.